Below are Must Answer Questions:
In order to achieve investing confidence and peace of mind, you should be able to answer “YES” to the following questions. This gauges your knowledge as an investor which is essential as an uneducated investor is easily susceptible to fear, anxiety, stress and confusion regarding important investment decisions.
- Have you discovered your True Purpose for Money, that which is more important than money itself?
- Did you invest in the market?
- Do you know how markets work?
- Have you defined your Investment Philosophy?
- Have you identified your personal risk tolerance?
- Do you know how to measure diversification in your portfolio?
- Do you consistently and predictably achieve market returns?
- Have you measured the total amount of commissions and trading costs in your portfolio?
- When it comes to building your investment portfolio, do you know exactly what you’re doing and why?
- Do you know where you fall on the Markowitz Efficient Frontier?
- Are you working with a financial coach versus a financial planner?
- Do you have a customized lifelong game plan to guide all of your investing and spending decisions?
- Do you have an Investment Policy Statement?
- Have you devised a clear-cut method for measuring the success or failure of your portfolio?
- Do you fully understand implications and applications of diversification in your portfolio?
- Do you have a system for measuring portfolio volatility?
- Are you aware of the incentives that brokerage firms and the financial community have when selling commission-based products?
- Do you know the three warning signs that you might be gambling and speculating with your money versus prudently investing it?
- Can you identify the cultural messages and personal mindsets about money that destroy your peace of mind?
- Are you ready to shift your personal experience of money and investing from a scarcity mode to an abundance mode?